Guy Rosen and Roi Tiger joined forces in 2010 to create apps that take the worry out of using smartphones and tablets.
With this goal in mind, the Onavo team launched Onavo Extend (iOS) in April, 2011. Onavo Extend uses data compression technology and analytics to help you get up to 5 times more from your data plan. That's up to 500% more time on your favorite apps, sharing photos, browsing the web, etc. without any more fees!
In August, 2011, we unveiled Onavo Count. Onavo Count is a free data monitoring app for Android devices that helps you control your data bill. By providing you with real-time accounting of your data usage, along with alerts, warnings and data plan advice, Onavo Count gives you the ability to control your data usage and protect your bill from surprise data usage charges.
In early 2012, with the release of Android 4.0, we released Onavo Extend for Android. Just like Onavo Extend (iOS), Onavo Extend (Android) compresses data, giving you up to 5 times more out of your data plan. With Onavo Extend, you literally extend your data plan without changing the way you use your Android device.
Since the 2011 release of our original Onavo app, we have become the leading and award-winning producer of mobile apps that make it easy for mobile device users to extend and improve their mobile data experiences without changing the way they use their phones.
Onavo is a privately held company backed by Magma Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Horizons Ventures and Motorola Mobility Ventures. Read more on our Corporate page.
How do you pronounce Onavo?
ɒn·nɑ·voʊ [on-nah-voh] hear it
Founders & Team
Onavo was founded by Guy Rosen, a well-known figure in the cloud computing industry, and mobile expert Roi Tiger who was formerly at device manufacturer Modu.
Recent CoverageVisit our News page
- 24 April 2012 - Announcing Onavo Extend for CDMA and LTE
- 27 February 2012 - Announcing Onavo Extend for Android
- 24 January 2012 - Onavo Closes $10m Series B Round
- 15 December 2011 - New Onavo Widget Lets Android Users Track Their Data in Real Time
- 15 November 2011 - Onavo releases crowd-sourcing features, badges, to its Android version
- 21 September 2011 - AppStores exposed as major user of mobile data
- 30 August 2011 - Onavo unveils mobile data cost control app for Android
- 09 August 2011 - $1b Being Wasted on Mobile Data Plans
- 14 July 2011 - Onavo wins best consumer app at prestigious MobileBeat Conference
- 23 Jun 2011 - 'Cost per tweet' much lower with TweetDeck: Onavo study
- 17 Jun 2011 - Onavo investigates Canadian operators after OECD Report
- 17 Jun 2011 - Optus the most expensive in OECD’s third most expensive country
- 02 Jun 2011 - O2, Vodafone Cut Data Roaming Costs, Onavo Trebles the Savings
- 17 May 2011 - Onavo Secures $3 Million Financing Round from Magma Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital
- 29 Apr 2011 - Onavo's new app crunches data so users get more from their mobile
marketing communications manager